Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some Promised Photos

There has been a lot going on here the last few weeks, which also includes computer issues that didn't allow me to post pictures.

Once Reese and her family were over their sickness and the snow died down we were able to spend quite a bit of time together. Holly, Reese and I had dinner without the family, we had multiple family get togethers, we went to the tea parlor and had lunch, Reese was able to meet McKenzie and we went to the second hand store for books...the list goes on and on.

Here are a few fun photos. I'm sure Reese will eventually add a few of her own.

Here's Reese & Tim attacking Amanda during an exciting game of Apples to Apples :)

Reese and I at the tea parlor. Holly had been with us, but she had to run back to work. I think she just didn't want her picture taken

I'm sorry there are not any more photos. I uploaded these earlier in the day at work, so that's all you get for now :)

Things on the house front are moving along. We are desperate to get home. As of right now the deadline is January 31st and we've officially started the countdown. This week has shown us that the end is near. There is paint on the walls and it is beautiful. Here's a small preview.

Most of the downstairs is painted this neutral brown. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but I really love it. Eventually I will paint some accent walls, but for now I am thrilled with this color.

This is my new office space. I wish the pic was better. The color is a deep sage. This used to be Mark's nursery and is my favorite room in the house. I'm claiming it as my own when we get back.

Here's Mark's room. His is a much lighter sage green and by the time we get home, the pink trim will be gone :)

Can you guess who's room this is? Yep, the girls!

This is my mess up in the house. The color was my kitchen color prior to the fire and I loved it! I decided I wasn't ready to part with it and had the contractor paint my bathroom with it. I do not think this was the color of my kitchen and it's terrible! Can you guess what I am doing this weekend? Yep, I'm fixing this nasty mess! I was thinking I wouldn't have to paint during this process, but I can't let this color stay.

Next week they start installing the floors so I'll have more pictures for you then.
I have saved the best for last and if you made it this far, you get a reward. Here's McKenna and McKenzie. Aren't they amazing? McKenzie is doing awesome. I am so proud of my sister and how selflessly she cares for McKenzie. The amazing thing is that she doesn't need that much extra care compared to other newborns. She truly is our miracle.



post signature


2 comments:

  1. the last photo is the sweetest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some photos! I enjoyed them!

    Your house is really looking great, too. I love your new colors!

    And McKenzie is so precious!

    ReplyDelete