" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."~Arabian Proverb
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.~Aristotle
Hold a true friend with both your hands.~Nigerian Proverb
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."~CS Lewis
"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty."~Sicilian Proverb
"A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."~Unknown
I've been trying for the past week to come up with something stunning, amazing and new to say about friendship, but as I read through quotes on friendship I found that it's all pretty much been said in far better words than I could find. For most of us, friends are foundational and without them we would be smaller, weaker, and alone.
From acquaintances to friendships cut short by moves and other circumstances to the deep and long-lasting relationships that become like family, we need each other. As I type this I am in England, many thousands of miles from my lifelong friends, but the necessity of their continuance in my life is very real. They help define me. I am less myself without them.
In the spirit of celebration for these God-given relationships, Heather and I are beginning the Kicking It In Crazyville Hall of Fame. Every Monday we will be awarding a new award to friends that you all nominate! To nominate a friend, please:
- Email us at email@example.com with your name and the name of your Friendship Hall of Fame nominee. Include as much of his/her name as you want published (we recommend only a first name and last initial), and a link to his/her blog, if they have one.
- Please state why they deserve this award, including as much background information on the relation ship you want. Please include how you met and what has kept your relationship going.
- Include a picture if you wish.
- We reserve the right to edit all entries for grammar, spelling and length. Otherwise, we will do our best to publish all that you include with your nomination.
- The weekly winner will receive the friendship Hall of Fame button to put on his/her blog, if they have one, and a warm fuzzy feeling for being singled out as a stellar friend!
Friendship Hall of Fame recipients: