Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Little Laugh

Things have been a little tense in our house. Looking back we realize that we truly thought once we got home it would all be behind us, but really it's more intense. We never anticipated how much work we would have to put into the house once we got here, we were looking for a period of rest. In the last 2 1/2 weeks, I don't think we've rested at all. It's okay though, it's just a matter of us changing our perspective and attitudes. We are getting a lot done.

Last night Dan and I were working on our tenth weekend project - some stuff in the bathroom. McKenna came in and asked if she could have some peanuts. I told her sure. I had no clue we had peanuts but Dan does a lot of the shopping, although he did give me a funny look seeming to wonder where I was hiding the peanuts. McKenna goes skipping out and comes right back laughing. She says "oh, those aren't peanuts, those are dog bones...did you know that I used to love dog bones?" And then she's gone.

I love moments like those. It was just what we needed, a small break and a little laugh.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love thise moments when all the tension is dissipated by laughter. I love your blog. My BFF and I just started a blog together and we absolutely LOVE everything about your blog. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! And a great big EEEWWWWW!!!!!!

    I had a friend when I was little who tried to get me to eat some dog food. She assured me it was quite tasty, but I was never much of a dog food kind of girl. Not enough of an adventurous spirit, I guess!

    ~Reese

    ReplyDelete