Friday, July 3, 2009

A Ramble

I've been falling down on my job. I was supposed to post on Wednesday but after work I headed to Portland to take a photography class with a friend. I didn't get home til 11:30 at night. I had every intention of doing a post, but when I got home I found out the kids had let the laptop die and I just didn't feel like messing with it. Terrible excuse, I know. Other than that, things have just been typical summer crazy.

I've decided to just ramble tonight. I'm super excited for the 4th. Normally I really don't care, I'm not a big fireworks person but this year I've talked my whole family into going to a town nearby that has a good fireworks show. I can't wait to watch my nieces (ages 3 and 4) get their first real taste of fireworks. I'm sure they will be in awe. What about you guys? Do you have any plans? Do you have any 4th of July traditions?

McKenzie is all healed from her surgeries, and looks great. I can't get enough of this smile, and she freely gives them out!
We are starting to gear up for our camping trips. I can't wait! I am taking the kids camping on July 10th and Dan will join us on the 11th and we will stay until the 13th. We love to camp and it's such a great way for our family to reconnect. Dan works completely opposite schedules from the kids and I and even though we do get to see each other we don't spend good quality time together. Then we will be home for a couple of weeks and leave August 2nd for the beach. This will be the first time that we try camping at the beach but we've heard of a great place to go and I can't wait to give it a try.
I hope you all have an amazing fourth!! Have fun with your families!!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a treat to see McKenzie's smile! So beautiful.

    We're headed to base today for the annual Independence Day carnaval and fireworks this evening. I'm really excited about it. It's sunny and hot, The Boys are going to love the fireworks, and we get to celebrate along with our enemies-of-old. Nice that we're friends with the Brits now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKenzie looks fantastic, and how great to see her with such a super smile on her face!!!

    ReplyDelete