Thursday, August 21, 2008

Know and Tell Friday




1. Are you right- or left-handed?

2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them?

3. Do you need to do laundry right now?

4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now?

5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle?

6. What is your favorite weird food combination?

7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value?

Heather's answers:


1. Are you right- or left-handed? I am left handed! The weird thing is that I do everything right handed, except write.


2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them? My oldest nickname is Duckbutt. My grandpa said that once I learned to walk, and was still wearing a diaper, I looked like a duckbutt. The nickname stuck through most of my childhood and is still occasionally mentioned at family get-togethers. Once I was older my friends even called me DB for short.


3. Do you need to do laundry right now? Yep, I always have laundry to do. I hate laundry, it's my worst chore!


4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your ipod right now? Natasha Bedingfield.


5. How did you learn to ride a bicycle? My dad taught me at my great-grandma's house. She lived on this very quiet road and he ran along with me until I got it right, riding bikes is still one of my favorite things.


6. What is your favorite weird food combination? I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches..yum!


7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value? I have a lot of different things but one of my favorite sentimental things is my stuffed bear, Shannon. I have had her since I was very little. She has gone everywhere with me. She even fell in the river with me once. She sits on Amanda's bookshelf.



Reese's answers:

1. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right handed.

2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them?
When I was little and went by my first name Carrie, my toddler little brother Joel couldn't say my name properly and it came out of his tiny mouth sounding something like "cow-cow". I endured being affectionately called Cow-cow until I was 12, then I refused to answer to Carrie and called myself by my middle name Darice (rhymes with Clarice). As a teenager my friends would call me "Duracell with a copper top" because of the similarity between the words "Darice" and "Duracell" and because I had very light blonde hair. They also called me Reesie or Reese, sometimes Dorritos (the similarity in sounds again). Once I moved to Germany I was tired of the way people always mispronounced Darice and started introducing myself as Reese. Tim always called me that anyway, so it was an easy transition.

3. Do you need to do laundry right now?
Actually, no. I did it yesterday.

4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now?
I can't get over the new Coldplay album. I love it.

5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle?
I don't remember. I rememeber my first purple bike with the banana seat, though! Iloved it!

6. What is your favorite weird food combination?
I don't think I like any weird combinations of food, though Heather would likely disagree! I love kiwi and cottage cheese, which I've never seen/heard anyone else have but I don't think it's weird. Some of my favorite unconventional flavor combinations is chocolate with Earl Grey tea.

7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value?
My wedding rings (the original and the one from the set that we bought after Tim lost his ring that was way too big) and my mother's ring which has the birth stones of all my kids.

Your turn!






post signature


&

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Fun questions this week!

    Peanut butter and pickle, eh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too... pb & pickles? hmmm...
    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a left-hander that does things right-handed. I like to think that I use both sides of my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

    I loved the questions, and I too at one point, had that banana seat bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it, but you guys always come up with great questions...thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heather, no worries about not visiting Zoe's site...I understand about it hitting close to home.

    Hope your sister is doing OK...will keep her, and your family in my prayers.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter and pickle? Really?? Eeeuuuwwww! LOL!

    Chocolate and Earl Gray sounds good to me though.

    Fun questions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with everyone else on the pb and pickles. The kiwi and cottage cheese probably wouldn't be bad though...I've done cottage cheese with peaches before.

    I always did chocolate with diet coke until I did away with diet coke a couple of months ago. Now I just do chocolate with whatever. It's a food group.

    ~ Kayren

    ReplyDelete