Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Courage To Live My Faith Out Loud

Is anyone else feeling incredibly sad about Heath Ledger's death? I hurt for what he went through, in life and death, and for his daughter and ex-fiancee. I feel sad to know that others around me may be in the same state of desperation and no one knows to lend a hand. I hate that, as a Christian, I carry hope in my hand but don't always know who to pass it on to. This thought encourages me to wear my faith more visibly, so that if a hurting soul has the courage to seek help they know that I have the Answer in my heart.

I wish someone had shown the Answer to Heath, whether his death was suicide or a tragic mistake that happened in the midst of a shattered life.

"Lord, please be with Heath's family and friends, and bring into their lives people with the compassion to point them to Jesus. Please soften my heart, that I was be in tune with your spirit and hear the silent cries of the hurting. Please give me the courage to live my faith out loud. Amen"


1 comment:

  1. I agree Reese, this is very sad. I too, feel for his family and the shock they must feel. I pray for peace as they walk this difficult road.

    ReplyDelete