Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Quick Rants: The Kitchen Sink


Sinks, in my opinion, were created to fulfill various pursposes: to provide a convenient place to wash dishes, food and hands; to brush your teeth at when all the bathrooms are full (admittedly, this one grosses me out just a little and I avoid allowing it in my kitchen!); to rinse dirty little faces covered in spaghetti after dinner; to trim flowers and fill vases; to bathe little babies in; and, most importantly, to hold dishes.


I am not one of those people who shy away from piling dishes in my sink. FlyLady goes so far (as a training tool) as to suggest keeping dirty dishes in a tub under the sink to keep the sink clean. She-who-will-not-be-named freaks out at the very thought of leaving the house with one dish in her sink. Not me. As long as I'm doing my dishes on a regualr basis (and by regular I mean daily or, rarely, skipping them one day), I'm happy to help my sink reach its maximum potential and hold a few dishes for awhile. After all, I appreciate those who help me reach my potetial- that which I was made for- and I am convinced my sink loves me for doing the same!


Reese

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!!! That is great!! I'm with ya all the way on this one! You will definately find a sink full of dishes in our house! LOL!

    P.S. Don't show up unexpectedly tonight...my sink is chock-a-block full of dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete