Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Highlight Of My Day

This weekend has been intense but today there was a highlight. Reese called me from the airport to let me know they were doing okay and they were able to catch their flight, etc. and then she wondered if I had a few extra minutes to talk on the phone to little Ian (Reese's 2 year old) before they boarded the plane. He has become such a joy in my life. I did not know if I would ever be able to develop a deep relationship with Reese's younger two children ages 2 & 4 because of them living oversees but because Holly & I spent two weeks with them in Germany, we now have a great relationship with the two little guys. The two older children have always held a dear place in my heart and now it is such a blessing to have a wonderful relationship with the two little guys. I think in the last two weeks our family dynamics have melded more together and become more complete. I know that Reese has definitely left her mark on my children these last few weeks. Anyway, I am thankful for that last little conversation with Ian and the sound of his little voice saying "I love you!".

I promise to upload some pictures soon of our two weeks together. We were able to spend a lot of time together and I took lots of pictures. You are going to have to put up with my posting for the next month as Reese has so much going on..but, I look forward to those days where she has a moment to post. :)

(post by Heather)

No comments:

Post a Comment