Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nose Piercing

A few days after I got to Oregon, Heather and I made a trip into Portland for some time away and so I could act on a decision I took many months to make: getting my nose pierced. It felt a little juvenile until I noticed how many women, even middle aged women, who were walking around with cute little studs in their nostrils. I took a long time to think about it before deciding to go ahead. I talked to Tim about it, and he wasn't thrilled but didn't put his foot down and say "no".

Sarah Blue, aptly named as you can see by the picture, did the honors of poking a hole in my nose. Beforehand, she washed my nose inside and out. As she was "picking" my nose with a Q-tip, Heather was poised with the camera to capture the moment when I put up my hand and forbade it! I must have scared her a bit with my sternness because she didn't push it at all! Now I regret not having a picture of it since it's pretty funny on this side of the experience!

This picture at the bottom is from when I got my hair done. It's pretty much the only picture I could find where the stud was visible, and now that I've posted this one I can hardly see it. Anyway, it's there and I like it. Tim freaked a little at first but has come to like it now, just like I knew he would.

FYI, if my kids ask for any piercings at all I'm going to give them permission to follow my lead... and get one when they're 32!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the nose ring..and, really wish I had done it with you! It will happen but not for a couple of months. I'm glad you are thrilled with it.

    Man, you have been a great little poster lately. You are done before I even get up..I guess that's a benefit for me being 9 hours behind :) I'm glad though, I haven't had much to say lately except "Calgon...take me away!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) when i was in ywam in australia i nearly did the same thing. (i acutally tried to pierce it MYSELF but thats another story) all my friends from ywam came back from their outreaches to india and they had all these funky new little nose studs -- butterflys, flowers, etc. i thought they were sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no nerve I might eventually do it but Khirali wants a belly button ring and Hunter wants his nose done I think but he does have an earring anyway very funny wait until they are 32
    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave! Looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete