It's that time again! Friday always means Know and Tell questions and we look forward to your answers.
This week we're going to make you do the thinking. I was tagged by Betsy at My Five Men to list 6 random, unspectacular quirks about myself. This is my list and I'm tagging you all to do the same. What better way to get to know each other than with a list of quirks, eh?!
Have at it, ladies! **Small update, Heather is finally participating and put her answers at the end.**
- I tend to be very tense and do all sorts of things to counteract the tight muscles that this brings on: I sleep with a "splint" in my mouth that keeps my teeth from grinding, I don't chew gum often and when I do I only chew it for a minute or my jaw gets really tight, I use those stick-on heating pads on my shoulders and I made a big rice bag scented with cloves and cinnamon that I microwave and put on my shoulders, and I always have muscle relaxants at the ready. When my schedule frees up a bit next week I'll start going to the gym again (exercise is great for stress) and I do deep breathing exercises now and then -- when I remember!
- I get easily bored with my hair color. I had myself convinced that the boredom was a thing of the past since I've managed to keep my hair red for the past 18 months, but lately I'm getting antsy with the color again. I would have bleached it blonde last week but the instructions were missing from the color kit box (a sign?) so I went with dark auburn instead. I'm thinking of trying dark brown with red next time.
- I love tea. Before we moved from Germany in February, I went through my massive tea collection and got rid of about half of it. A few months ago I sifted through it again as I decluttered my kitchen. Last Sunday my friend R was here helping me organize my kitchen and we through out even more. I still have a whole shelf of tea. R said, "Alcoholics have booze, Reese has tea."
- I'm currently searching for the best "Palin Power" T-shirt online.
- My name is Reese and my favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I don't eat them, though, as they would make so much more Reese than there is now.
- I don't drink milk. Why? I'm lactose intolerant, and I spent too much time at Milk Sucks dot com. (Can you say PUS?????)
I'm really late getting in on this and it's hard for me, I just don't think I'm quirky! LOL!
1. I'm scared of milk now, thanks to Reese. I do drink it, but only when I can put our discussion in the back of my mind from a year ago. Holly still will not drink milk, thanks to Reese. :)
2. I drink Pepsi, all the time. I actually count out the hours until I can have another one so that I don't have too many in one day.
3. I don't eat breakfast.
4. I am not at all an organized or rigid person, the only thing that has to be done my way is the process on how to load the dishwasher. If someone tries to do it, and I catch them doing it wrong, I'll go back and fix it.
5. I have been diagnosed with a chronic back problem. I have been instructed to lay on the floor for 20 minutes every day. I have to have my legs at a 90 degree angle to my knees and then bend my knees over a chair at 90 degrees. This puts my back in traction and totally takes away the pain. When I was in Portland with my sister, my back flared up. I actually had to lay down in the neurosurgeon's waiting room like that for 10 minutes. It totally takes away my pain, but it's pretty quirky, especially when you are in public.
6. Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani remind me of my trip to Rome. When I am missing the freedom of my two week trip to visit Reese, I always turn up my iPod and listen to them for awhile.
There you go..six of my quirky things! I'm sure my family and friends could come up with a lot more! :)