Thursday, September 4, 2008

THAT's What Friends Are For!!

Last night was a big, bum night for me. Tim and I were in the middle of an MSN Messenger fight (yes, it's possible), I had a cold coming on strong and the TheraFlu was already kicking in and making me lightheaded, Sean had acted up briefly (he's getting very good at getting himself under control quickly and coming to me with an apology and a hug), and little Ian was screaming about a mystery pain at the tip of his nose.

I emailed Heather a summary of my woes and she immediately responded with "I love you and I'm on your side." This morning, before I was even out of bed I reached for my BlackBerry-like phone and checked my email. Heather had sent me an email that made me laugh. My friend who lives on the other side of the world had me laughing before my feet touched the floor!

Then I got this from her as I sat at the computer this morning:


I have a confession, and this just ticks me off! I have been trying to think of the perfect bday gift for you. I know we don't always exchange, but I really wanted to get you something nice this year, because I miss you desperately! I think it's the 1 year mark of going to Germany..can you believe it's been 1 year? I can't!

Anyway, back to my story. I thought to myself "Go get her a Bags for Darfur Bag". So, I've been very diligent in watching for a bag that screamed R-E-E-S-E!!!!!!!! I thought that every bag was $45. I just figured out, right now, that she auctions them! Some of them go for around $100! I'm sorry, I know it goes for a wonderful cause, but WOW! As much as I love you, I can't pay that much for a bag. Now my secret is out, but I am bummed and you are my BFF so I had to tell you :) even if it is about you! :( Sob! Sob! So, if it's the thought that counts, I had a really big thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky for me, my brain in still intact after that!

Okay...going to bed! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have an amazingly wonderful stupendous day!

Now if that's not friendship, I don't know what is! I wouldn't pay $100 for a bag either, and it really is the thought that counts! My heart is happy and light with the thought that Heather would even think about buying me a gift, much less a funky Reese bag.

Just wanted to take a break from snoozing on the sofa bed and being jumped on by little boys to share that I love my friend! Now this cold is driving me back to being a makeshift Mommy trampoline.

Cheers!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how sweet! Having a friendship like that is truly a blessing from God. My close friends are like my angels. I hope you get better soon and tell Heather, from Jen, that she is an angel! :) Have a good night and God bless!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete