Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lest We Forget

On September 11, 2001 I lost nothing and everything. I didn't know anyone who died; I don't even know anyone who knew anyone who died. But my life changed that day. My innocence was gone. Though I went forward to with my plans to hike with Heather that day, my heart was in New York and Washington DC and Pennsylvania and with every hurting wife, child and parent. Shortly after, my life change even more as I watched Tim sworn into the US Air Force as a result of the attacks. My oldest son, just 7 years-old at the time, is already pursuing his goal of joining the military because of the events of 9/11/01. My old life collapsed with the rest of the nation's hearts as the World Trade Center fell.

My story isn't unique. All of us have been changed. But as time creeps on we move on too. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes we need to be reminded of the past. Several thousands of military men and women have died in the Middle East since that day, and much of the world remains at high alert even now due to the threat of terror attacks. There have been attacks in Spain and in London. Let us not forget why people are giving their lives for our freedom, and most of all let us not forget to pray for the peace and safety of the intended victims around the world.




post signature

2 comments:

  1. very well said...and that clip of President Bush is one of many that solidified him in my heart forever...no matter what his critics may say!

    ReplyDelete