Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ode To My Dishwasher

I'm feeling especially appreciative of my dishwasher today, so I'm reposting the Ode To My Dishwasher I wrote after moving into a new house in Germany:

There once was a time I did dishes by hand
What a pain in the back-side that was
Three times a day all activities planned
Around immersing my hands in the suds

Then we piled our things in a moving van
Waving good-bye to the kitchen and sink
We moved to a house found by My Man
After my water-logged hands made him think

It’s bigger, it’s better, it’s greater by far
In many more ways than I’ll say
But without a doubt this home’s shining star
Is the dishwasher doing the dishes each day

There’s no use in hiding what some would call love
The affection I feel is quite strong
This compact machine’s a gift from above
I think I may break into song

~Reese V.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment