Saturday, June 7, 2008

Book Review: Ninteen Minutes


Nineteen Minutes was an interesting read. This is my second Jodi Picoult book and she deals with controversial issues that really make you think from perspectives you may not look at normally. Sisters Keeper was the first book I read and it really opened my eyes, and changed my viewpoint for the better.

Nineteen Minutes is about a school shooting. In the two books that I have read, Jodi Picoult gives you many different perspectives. In this book that consisted of the shooter, the popular kids, the judge, parents of the shooter, defense attorney, parents of victims, teenagers that are being bullied daily and a few others. Since you are dealing with so many points of view, and so many story lines, it can get a bit confusing, but overall it's pretty smooth even though it jumps around.

If you like feel good books (like I do!) then this may not be the book for you. If you can handle graphic details of crime scenes, and topics that are not easy to deal with, you may enjoy this book.


-Heather
(upon proof reading this review, I realize that I don't give a clear picture of if this is a good book or not, or if I even enjoyed it. I'm glad I read it, but I don't want to give the impression that it's an emotionally easy book to read. )

No comments:

Post a Comment