Thursday, June 5, 2008

Broken Camera

Tonight, I am wishing my camera was working. I don't know what I've done to it, but all my pictures turn out dark. This is very bad news, considering that I leave Friday morning for a girls' weekend at the beach. Three of my high school friends and I are headed away from our families to reconnect after 15 years of being apart. That's a long time!

Anyway, back to wishing my camera was working. Well, first of all, I got my Zip It purses in the mail (just in time for my trip). I am excited about these! They are so darn cute. I was going to take a picture for you to see them...but, I'll do that later. I've only zipped up one of them, but it's perfect for taking the kids to the pool. I'll easily be able to store three towels, plus snacks, and when I'm done, unzip it, and put it away. I think these are going to be the best solution for me.

The other reason I wish my camera was working...I cut my hair! This will not be anything of much importance for those that do not know me, but those that do, will be surprised. I have been growing it for about 2 years. I have the best hair stylist EVER and she's always trying to get me to cut a little off. I always say "just a trim". Today she said "what's making you hold onto this, it's thin, it doesn't do anything for you". So, I told her to go for it...but, please don't go very short. I'm still a wimp about it! It's shoulder length now, and blonde. It's super cute! At least right now it is, tomorrow I have to wash it and probably won't be able to re-style it but for now, it's great.

I guess that's kind of like real life. You don't want to cut something off that's familiar (like pride, bad attitudes, etc) even though it's not doing anything for you. I could learn some important lessons from that hour in the beauty chair.

That would be a good post "Important Lessons I've Learned While Sitting In The Beauty Chair". Actually, I think Reese and I could make a pretty good post from that, we've learned some valuable lessons there, especially what not to do lessons!

In case I'm not able to post before I leave (I don't think I'll have a computer with me). I hope everyone has a great weekend!


-Heather

5 comments:

  1. OH! I think you're hair would look GREAT at shoulder length. Maybe Holly could take a picture with her iPhone?!!

    That's brilliant: "Important Lessons I've Learned While Sitting In The Beauty Chair"! You know I'd have at least one. It might even make a good Know & Tell Question.

    Have a blast at the coast. :)

    ~Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh....can't wait to see the new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great *girlfriends weekend*! That sounds like fun! And definitely show us your new do when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW cut and blonde... I can't wait to see it... I will be sure to take lots of pictures at the coast this weekend. Maybe you should go ahead and bring the camera, maybe between the four of us we can figure out what you did... Can't wait, this is going to be great...
    Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. blonde? Heather? I cant wait to see

    ReplyDelete