Saturday, June 7, 2008

Do You Ever Have One of Those Days...

Generally an opening question like that will lead to tales of woe and heartache. But not today!

Do you ever have one of those days...

that your sister names her new baby after you?!!!


I was in tears after she wrote me and told me (as a MySpace comment!) that her new daughter is named Ocean Araya Darice! Darice is my middle name and the name everyone calls me back home. Since I moved overseas I've gone by my nickname "Reese". I had jokingly said she needed to name this baby after me, and now she says she had always intended to. I am blessed and humbled and still have trouble holding back the tears.

I love my sister so much! She has the sweetest little kids, and now I have another special connection to one of them!

Bless you!

~Reese

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet honor....and wonderful tribute to YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful name! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique name. I'd never thought or seen ocean used as a name before... I LOVE it.


    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete