Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chocolate Earl Grey Cookies

A recycled post from my old food blog:

I read last year about how chocolatiers were mixing chocolates with tea and it struck me as absolutely brilliant. That led me to popping a dark chocolate Dove into my mouth, followed quickly by sip of strong Earl Grey tea. Delicious! I also experimented with hot chocolate mix dissolved into brewed Earl Grey tea, but with very little success. Maybe I should have tried steeping the tea in full-strength hot chocolate... Anyway, it's been awhile since I discovered the intriguing flavor combination and it had slipped my mind. Today I was posting at Poetical Curiosity when, for some unknown reason, it came back to me. Right about the time I hit "Publish" lightening struck my brain and within an hour we were munching on Chocolate Earl Grey Cookies.

Chocolate Earl Grey Cookies

1 c butter or margarine
1 c sugar
2 T pulverized loose Earl Grey tea
1 t vanilla extract
2 eggs

2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c flour
2 t baking powder

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulverize tea in a coffee grinder or food processor.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add pulverized tea and vanilla extract.
3. In separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
4. Add flour mixture to creamed ingredients. Mix well.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies. The cookies are very soft and brownie or cake-like.


~Reese

3 comments:

  1. Those sound delish! Thanks for sharing. Chocolate and tea...what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I bet I would love these! Your scones look yummy, too. I need to try some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of our cold day addiction. We will brew a pot of peppermint tea pour in into mugs and stir a heaping tablespoon of hot chocolate powder into each mug, stir and enjoy. Caffeine overload for sure, but ohhh soooo yummy!!!

    PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE.... mmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete