Monday, October 27, 2008

Urgent Need: Please Pray For Heather and Her Family

On Saturday evening there was a fire in Heather's house. They believe it was started due to faulty wiring in the house. Most of the family was home and they were all able to get out. I'm praising God right now that no one was hurt!

The back room of their house is where the fire broke out (I believe) and that room is "gutted". The bathroom has suffered severe damage and the rest of the house is black with smoke damage. Here's the miracle: they recently purchased a pellet stove and the pellets were in the back room. They have been told that the reason the whole house didn't burn down is because the fire was occupied with consuming the pellets and didn't have time to turn on the rest of the house.

I spoke to her briefly last night and she said they were in a hotel and everything in the future was up in the air: where to stay, how much of their house and possessions could be saved, how long it would take to get back into their house. I can't even imagine the jolt this would have on a person and a family emotionally, physically, practically. The one thing she was very clear on: God kept them safe and he was still with them and taking care of them. I'm sure she and Dan will need to that continued assurance as the realities of their new situation unfold.

She won't be on the computer, at least for today. I'm not sure when her life will settle down to any semblance of normalcy, but I'm praying it's soon.

When I called this morning to get her permission to share this on the blog, I spoke with Amanda because Heather has lost her voice. She doesn't know why, but thinks it could be from all the smoke she was exposed to. Not like she needed another obstacle...

Please pray for them. They need a long-term place to stay and places for their animals (all of which were saved). They need resources, ideas, friends, holy provision and peace in the midst of all of this, and the kids need peace and a new sense of security. The youngest was at home at the time of the fire and is traumatized. Sisters, our Heather needs us to petition our Heavenly Father for her and her family! Please feel free to leave her comments here as well. I'm sure she'll check in as soon as she can.

Bless you.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. praying!praying!praying!

    thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure when you posted this because I haven't been on the computer yet today, and the clock timing is always funny on your blog compared to mine. I guess it's the time differences either with you in England or her in Oregon and me in EST or something.

    I remember Heather mentioning that pellet stove very recently. Thank God for that provision.

    Thank God for protecting Heather and her family. I'll be praying.

    Thanks for sharing this with us, Reese, and thanks for allowing her to, Heather.

    God Bless,
    Kayren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for her and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about this! I will definitely be praying for Heather and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayren,

    FYI: the post time on the blog is Pacific time.

    Blessings,

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Reese,
    I will post the white chili recipe later this week. I've had a couple of requests for it. It's so good!!
    And, yes, I did like "..Bees". I want to see them movie now. I posted a review about it and linked it to Callapidder Days' review Mr. Linky. If you read it, I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete