Tuesday, March 25, 2008

100th Post

Okay..this is going to be a long one! I thought that in honor of our 100th post I would re-post our 100 Things about Reese and 100 Things about Heather. These are lists that we did in January of 07. It's fun to look back and see what we wrote. I can't help but wonder what we would add or change if we redid them.


Here is Reese's:

100 Things About Reese
1. I have dishwater blond hair.
2. I've been trying most of my life to disguise that fact.
3. I have hazel eyes.
4. I wear contacts.
5. I hate wearing glasses.
6. I used to be five feet, six-and-a-half inches tall.
7. I'm now five feet, five-and-three-quarters inches tall. I don't know why I'm getting shorter.
8. I have two brothers and one sister. I miss them all so much.
9. I have four kids.
10. I wish I could have twin girls, just so I could name them Ginger and Jasmine. Tim says, "Thank God we're done having kids!"
11. My first name is Carrie.
12. My middle name is Darice.
13. My nickname is Reese.
14. I spelled "Reece" with a "c" until Heather set up an email address for me and spelled it with an "s". I had been kicking around the idea of changing it; I used that opportunity to go for it.
15. There are very few vegetables I don't like. In fact, not one is coming to my mind.
16. I don't like cooked apples.
17. I put my iPod in my back pocket and listen to it very often.
18. I named my iPod (in iTunes) "Reese's Escape from Chaos."
19. I avoid touching the dog unless I absolutely have to, and if I do touch her I wash my hands immediately.
20. I like romantic comedies and adventure movies.
21. I have three nieces and three nephews.
22. I met my husband when I was 12.
23. I started going out with him when I was 16.
24. I married him when I was 17.
25. We gave all our kids two middle names.
26. When Tim and I get into a fight he almost always says to me, "You just like to cause problems." I'm biding my time until the perfect opportunity, when he's introducing me to someone, to say, "Hi! I'm Reese. I like to cause problems." It has to be in front of Tim, and I have to keep a straight face. (Then, I suppose, I really will be causing problems!)
27. I don't have a favorite color.
28. I don't have a favorite animal.
29. I would get rid of our dog Gretchen if the kids weren't so attached to her, even though I think she's a good dog.
30. I want to paint my room cranberry red.
31. I hate to paint.
32. I can't draw.
33. I like to write.
34. I open the toilet lid and seat with my foot when helping my three-year-old go potty.
35. I can't wait to move back to The Dalles. I miss it with my whole soul.
36. I am so bad at math I am going to have to start at the lowest possible level when I go back to college.
37. Hot tea is the most comforting thing I could ever consume.
38. I don't drink herbal teas very often.
39. I rarely drink pop. I don't like the carbonation, it's too sweet, doesn't taste that good, and makes me feel bad.
40. I love limes.
41. I listen to Rush Limbaugh nearly every day.
42. I wish I could eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
43. It creeps me out to keep the shades open after dark. I feel like people are watching me.
44. My eyes are too close together.
45. I wish I could wear wigs like Sydney Bristow in Alias. I would love to have all those different looks whenever I wanted. I'd even like to have blue and pink wigs.
46. I've always wanted to dance; ballet and any kind of ballroom dancing.
47. I HATE stupid humor. Jokes are funnier when they make sense intellectually.
48. I like to read.
49. I would love to have painted toenails but hate painting them.
50. I usually forget to do the boys's hair before leaving the house, and it drives Tim nuts.
51. According to sources that I trust, I should always add an apostrophe and an "s" when making words ending in "s" possesive (for example: boys's), but I usually don't just because I don't like people thinking I've made a dumb grammatical mistake.
52. I wish I could speak French, but have no desire to learn the most obvious second language choice:German.
53. I live in Germany.
54. I'm seriously considering going to culinary school when I go back to America.
55. I'm not a naturally talented chef, but I'm interested in learning more.
56. I can't type very well.
57. There are a couple of people from my past I think about duct taping to a chair and pelting with paint balls, or maybe dead fish. In reality, I'd never do it.
58. I hate wearing shoes in the house.
59. I can't sleep with socks on.
60. My biggest fear is that my kids won't follow The Lord as adults.
61. I love Merlot scented candles.
62. I hate changing light bulbs.
63. I don't like milk.
64. I have a memory foam mattress and I love it.
65. I really believe that "charm is deceitful and beauty is vain" yet still wish I was beautiful and charming.
66. As much as I want to write, I hope I never do if I would be ashamed of it before God.
67. I made the decision not to make close friends here after I saw how often people leave. Sometimes I regret that.
68. I bought doilies from a Gypsy who knocked on my door selling them.
69. I wish I could cook all day long and never have to worry about shopping for ingredients or cleaning up after myself.
70. I hate cleaning out the fridge.
71. I do most of the housework by myself. I don't like housework.
72. I don't mind loading the dishwasher but don't like unloading it.
73. I once ran over a skunk.
74. Roses are my favorite flower and my favorite scent.
75. It really bugs me when people pronounce "pecan" like "PEE-can."
76. I haven't seen a Brad Pitt movie I liked. (Oops, except Ocean's Eleven.)
77. I avoid eating red meat.
78. I'm not a big fan of seafood. There was this amazing brie-stuffed halibut I had at McCormick and Schmick's in Portland- very, very good.
79. I want to own a house right on the beach on the Oregon coast.
80. I hate driving a mini van. I want to drive a small four door.
81. I like chai, especially Oregon Chai. I also like making it myself.
82. I miss dressing up for the office every day. I wear jeans and jammies all the time now.
83. I love olives.
84. I have a MySpace account under the name of a made-up person. I only have three friends there: another made-up person (not my own), a band, and Tom.
85. The most important thing in my life is my family. Nothing I do is in vain if my family benefits from it.
86. I'm fascinated with the mythical brute The Time Being. Why is everyone always doing things for him?
87. I'm proud to have driven past the Barilla factory in Italy, as if confirming its existence in Italy somehow validates all the pasta I've made over the years. It really was Italian even if it seemed awfully American.
88. When I eat a fast food sandwich, I tear off as much bread as I can and throw it out.
89. I love the Fillet-O-Fish. In Germany, it's called a Fisch Mac.
90. I like The Backyardigans.
91. I can't stand cheesy organ sounds in songs.
92. I love the sound of a piano being played.
93. I only have one daughter. I love spending time with her.
94. Our family had a hand-drawn picture done of ourselves on a street corner in Paris.
95. I used to collect tea pots, now I collect tea cups.
96. I'm 31 and still don't know what I "want to be" when I "grow up."
97. I've always believed I was born in the wrong century. I wish I lived in the 1700's (or maybe the 1500's, or the 1200's, or... anyway, you get the idea.)
98. I like bubble baths.
99. I had my tubes tied.
100. Despite all my short-comings, I know Jesus loves me just as I am and is working in me and through me to fulfill his purposes.


Here is Heather's:

100 Things About Heather:
1. I hate to wear shoes
2. I love being a mom
3. I miss James
4. If I could live in my dream house, it will be a log home
5. I would rather be in the woods than any place else in the world
6. I leave my shoes all over the house and it drives my husband crazy
7. I love my church
8. I have an amazing group of friends
9. I love to watch my childrens' relationships with their friends grow
10. I can't back up my suburban
11. I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches
12. I have a U2 iPod but am not a huge U2 fan...I just loved the look of the iPod
13. I'm not a good house cleaner
14. My favorite scent is vanilla
15. Riding on the back of a motorcycle is one of my favorite things
16. I'm scared of storms
17. I used to play the clarinet
18. I can be very lazy
19. I love being outside
20. I hate to be cold
21. I'm very unorganized
22. I love to watch Franklin and Little Bear
23. I enjoy hauling wood
24. My family and I laugh often
25. I wonder what it was like to live 100 years ago
26. I wish I liked vegetables
27. I have to fill the dishwasher. If someone else fills it and they do it "wrong", I'll go back and fix it
28. I would love to be a stay at home mom
29. Some day I would love to adopt a little boy
30. I hate Menkes
31. I hope my children have grand adventures and don't settle down too young
32. I love 80s hard rock
33. I miss the joys of being a kid
34. I hate paying bills
35. Someone that I would have loved to meet is Steve Irwin
36. When I listen to the radio I'm constantly listening for new songs to download to my iPod - but so far haven't downloaded any.
37. I liked being in labor (strange huh?)
38. I used to want to be a doula
39. I LOVE being an aunt
40. I am surrounded by all of my grandparents, and love it!
41. My great-grandma will be 94 this month
42. I love being in the car at night
43. I can't go to sleep at night unless I read...even if it's 2:00 a.m.
44. I tape Oprah every day
45. I'm a Taylor Hicks fan - SOUL PATROL!!!
46. I am proud of myself for kicking the 8 a day Pepsi habit
47. I love to walk to work
48. I enjoy my job
49. I scare easy!
50. I will not watch a movie that will make me cry
51. I love a good love story
52. I was a Natural Helper in high school (someone trained to listen to, and help, people when they are having problems)
53. I would love to re-learn to play the piano
54. I don't cook...but secretly wish that I did
55. My kids go to the same elementary school that I did, and have had some of the same teachers
56. I love going to thrift stores and finding good books there
57. I am very scared of dentists
58. I love baby feet & behinds
59. I am thrilled when my husband and I can go for walks at night
60. I can't fathom living somewhere without being surrounded by mountains and water
61. I like to pull weeds
62. I don't usually dream, but when I do dream I always have nightmares
63. I wish I was more adventurous
64. I have two tattoos and want more
65. I love going to the zoo
66. I love that Kyleigh goes and visits the veterans
67. I am scared of water (I love looking at it but not being in it)
68. I am not very patient
69. My favorite clothes are my comfy jeans
70. I hate to dress up
71. My husband makes me laugh hard
72. He also shocks me with the things he says and does :)
73. I love to eat my grandmas big pancakes
74. I don't like to eat ice cream
75. I read the same books over and over
76. I got married when I was 17
77. I had my first baby when I was 19
78. I hate getting up in the morning
79. I would like to be a foster mom
80. I love math
81. My dogs make me angry
82. I have known most of my friends since I was in elementary school
83. I love pomegranates
84. I wish I ate/lived more healthy
85. I love how warm our house is because we burn wood
86. I talk to my mom several times a day
87. I despise laundry
88. I think that the most important job is being a mom
89. I wish more parents felt that way
90. Thanks to my brother in law, Darrell, my niece, Allie, calls me "Aunt Creepy" and I think its funny
91. I could spend the whole day getting lost in a book store
92. I love antiques
93. I love to wander around the cemetery, look at the stones, and wonder about those peoples lives
94. On 9/11 I went hiking instead of sitting and watching the news unfold on the TV
95. I went white water rafting once and loved it, but don't think I will ever go again
96. I love my house and the fact that it was my sister-in-law & brother-in-law's house before it was ours
97. I love reading emails from my friends & family
98. I spend a lot of time on the phone
99. I love to stay up late
100. I wonder what path my kids will follow in their lives and am thankful that the Lord is in charge, and not me.


It was fun looking over our lists. I haven't looked over these lists in awhile. I see a few that would change from '07 to '08 but I think the core of them would stay the same.

Thanks for hanging out with us as we celebrate our 100th post and as we go on this new venture Kicking It In Crazyville. We have some fun ideas we are thinking of. We can't wait to meet more of you and to add more friends to our blog!

posted by Heather

2 comments:

  1. How great is it that you reposted "100 things about Heather & Reese". It was with this posting that I first discovered your delightful blog about the lives of two friends. A fun, and worthy post to repeat.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my check for over $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys from home...

    So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys to set the record straight once and for all.

    ReplyDelete