Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

What a crazy day! We woke up to snow! About 2 inches by the time it had finished falling. By mid-day it had all melted, then it started up again in the evening. It was a first for me; in all my 32 years I've never tramped through snow on Easter!

We attended church with our new church family and were blessed beyond words as usual. There is a sweet woman there who is like a grandma to me already. She kissed me on the cheek when she saw me, hugged me several times during the hours we spent there, and made a superb bread pudding to boot! She has an amazing heart and I love her to death.

In the evening we went to a family's home for dinner. They are also from church. We ate a traditional English roast dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding. After dinner we played The Big Taboo. We haven't played board games much since our early married days when we used to get together with Dan and Heather and play Uno, Uno Stack-O, Taboo, and... I'm not sure what else. It was one our favorite pass times back then. This was quite fun and brought back memories. Our silly Little Boys put on a little show for our hosts and their other guests, singing Amazing Grace, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and You Give Love A Bad Name, among others. I'm sure our new friends think Americans are odd!

It's very late here and I've been having some issues with insomnia again, so I guess I'd better call it a day. A cold, snowy, happy, blessed day. Good night!

posted by Reese

2 comments:

  1. Those were the days weren't they? We really have grown from then and I am so blessed that you are in my life in the way that you are. I remember playing those games back when Sean was born, and then trying to play as he was zooming around the house..and, then along came Amanda.

    Your post gave me peace. I'm so proud of you, for allowing yourself to reach out to those around you. They will be blessed and forever changed by you. And I am sure you will grow and be changed as well.

    I forgot to tell you that when you were here my mom said something incredible. One day she told me to give you a hug for her (which I don't think I followed through on). I actually thought it was an odd request and so I asked why. She told me that because of you, she felt free for me to go to Germany and because of the way you love me and are there for me, she loves you deeply. Well, my friend, that is what I feel for that sweet lady who hugged you and kissed your cheek today. I have never met her (but hopefully will next year!) but I love her, because she is caring for you. She sees you for the gem that you are.

    On this Easter, you were missed. But, it is much easier knowing that today you were happy.

    I love you! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Thank you. You're comment choked me up, and I am doubly blessed now! Thanks for all the memories from our long past as friends, for loving me now and for being in my life as a sister. You're such an encourager. And hug your mom for me, and send my love.

    Reese

    ReplyDelete