Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Not About Me

If you're a Christian and you are reading this, may I make a suggestion?
  • Find It's Not About Me by Max Lucado ASAP.
  • Before you crack it open, pray that God would speak directly to your heart as you read.
  • Read the book prayerfully.
  • Re-read as necessary.
  • Pass it on to other Christians.
Have you ever wondered why so many Christian's lives are as empty as those of the lost? It's because our priorities are wrong. Like the world, we live for ourselves. We're like the tour guide who stands in front of the priceless painting, as if we were the center attraction. As if we are the center of our own little universe. Our successes fan our egos, our suffering reduces us to depression, our lives are so complicated from all the activities and plans to fulfill our dreams and make our lives meaningful.

But it's not about me. It's about Christ.

All my life should be like the moon reflecting the sun; I should reflect the SON. When I line everything else up behind that one and only priority, it all falls into place. My talents are meant to point a lost world to Jesus. The short time my children are in my care is for me to point them to Christ and to equip them to show others to Him. My home is to be a place of peace and love, not only to nurture my family but also to invite others to so I can direct them to Jesus. My job, my marriage, my relationships... all these are opportunities for Christ to perfect his image in me.

I want to be a Christian- a follower of Christ- who lives like he did. He radiated love, compassion and mercy to all around him and offered grace. He didn't waste time promoting himself, only his father's agenda. Countless people have been martyred to point other's to the Truth; what am I doing with my life? What am I going to do to make it count in the kingdom? Because this- ALL OF THIS- isn't about me.

All for His glory-

~Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment